Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sweet Bridezilla's diary: The invitations

Now that almost everybody has gotten the invitation card (except for 3 gentlemen), I can finally have this posted up. I didn't want to post this up when I was done making them, just to keep that little surprise for my guests :)

This DIY invitation is inspired by MANDAKR, found on offbeatbride.com (check it out here)
It was a love at first sight!! Thank you MANDAKR, this is what I want my invitation card to be!! So, I study the whole process, skipped steps that I think that I can omit, and add on materials that is in-line with my wedding theme.
That's when I found out we can't find any freezer paper here! As like what another blogger Chiiiiing said, Malaysia is a land of no freezer paper!! Then I took her advice, this is Malaysia, let's use kertas bungkus! 
Yes, it works just fine :) 

 To begin, you need to do lots and lots of cutting, the kertas bungkus, and the linen cloth. I actually cut the cloth slightly bigger than the kertas bungkus, so that it's "safer" when you do ironing.
Thank you hubby for helping on cutting the paper. That's team work, baby! :)

 The mess that we've created at the living room.
After cutting, it's ironing time. The purpose of heat ironing is to have the kertas bungkus stick onto the cloth, so that it is stiff enough for it to go through the printer.

Next, trim it. I was using an A4 paper as a guideline. My design layout was 2 in a piece of A4.

Now, it's time to have your invitation card print out. What you need to do is put that piece of cloth/paper onto your printer and press print :) Of course you need to get your design done, and remember to copy check. You wouldn't wanna see a typo error on your invitation. Mine I've got my company's copywriter to help on copy checking, hehe... thank you PY!

 This is how it looks like. I've printed a map at the back of the card (on the paper side).
Now it's done. I could have actually printed the recipient's name on the card itself, but I wanted to incorporate the denim element onto my card, so I've decided to have the name printed on a piece of jeans... Frank's used jeans, CLEANED! haha!
 

The material is too thick to go through the printer. Thought of hand writing the names, I've tried it, but, NO... it's very untidy. After much thoughts, I bought a set of alphabet stamps, and let's do stamp-stamp!
And to create that Levi's Red Tab kind of look, I used red thread to sew that piece of denim onto the card.

 Take a closer look

 All done, have them inserted into envelopes and ready to send out...  by hand, and by post! The furthest one is to South Australia ^^

  
I love this invitation card, and I hope everybody who received it loves it too!  


No comments: